Go Back   2020-2021 StudyChaCha > StudyChaCha Discussion Forum > General Topics

Old April 1st, 2014, 10:35 AM
Sashwat's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2011
Default Re: Apply for UPSC Exams being an IT Engineer

The Engineering Services Examination conducted by UPSC for recruitment of only:

Civil Engineering

Mechanical Engineering

Electrical Engineering

Electronics & Tele-communication Engineering



The candidate must be one of the following:
A citizen of India
A citizen of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan
A person of Indian origin but who has migrated from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.

Educational qualifications

Bachelor degree in Engineering (B.E. / B. Tech) from a recognized university or its equivalent
M. Sc degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subjects are also acceptable for certain services / posts.


21–30 years on 1 August of the year of Engineering Services Examination.
Answered By StudyChaCha Member
Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Default Re: Apply for UPSC Exams being an IT Engineer

I am Information Technology IT Engineer and I want to apply for UPSC exam so can you please tell me the exam of UPSC for which I am eligible?
Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2015, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2011
Default Re: Apply for UPSC Exams being an IT Engineer

You can apply for Engineering Services Examination ESE exam of Union Public Service Commission UPSC.

Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts Engineering Services Examination as a combined competitive examination for recruitment to the services or posts of Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering for Government of India's engineering organizations, such as Indian Railway Service of Engineers (IRSE), Central Engineering Service (CES), Military Engineering Services (MES), etc.

ESE eligibility criteria-

Degree in Engineering from a university incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as University Grants Commission Act, 1956. or

Passed section A and B of the institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India),
Obtained a degree/ diploma in Engineering from such foreign university/ college/ institution and under such conditions as may be recognized by the government for the purpose from time to time, or
Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telcommunication Engineers (India).

Passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/ Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or

Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the institution of Eletronics and Radion Engineers, London held after November, 1959.

Age Limit:

Candidate age must be between 21 years to 30 years

Upper Age Limit Relaxation:

The upper age limit is 35 years in the case of Government Servants and candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.

3 years in case of candidates belonging to OBC.

5 years if candidates had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the perod from the 01-01-1980-31-12-1989.

Up to maximum of three years in case of Defence Service Personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequences thereof.

Up to 5 years in case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCO who have rendeted at least five years Military Service.

Up to maximum of 10 years in the case of deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons.

Physical Standards:

Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Engineering Services Examination.


A Candidate must be either
i. a citizen of India, or
ii. a subject of Nepal, or
iii. a subject of Bhutan, or
iv.a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 01 January , 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(v). a Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakisthan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countires of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawim Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.

Contact address

Union Public Service Commision
Dholpur House, Shahajan Road
New Delhi, Delhi 110069
Answered By StudyChaCha Member
Reply With Quote

Reply to this Question / Ask Another Question
Your Username: Click here to log in


All times are GMT +6.5. The time now is 09:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8