Go Back   2018-2019 StudyChaCha > >

Old December 13th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 91
Default Re: Engineering Education in the UK

The United Kingdom has good engineering colleges backed by an industry that is one of the best in the world. UK qualifications in engineering are recognized worldwide.

Engineering degrees in the UK can broadly be divided into four branches:
Civil, Mechanical, Electronic & Electrical. But there are 40 different kinds of engineering courses ranging from aeronautical engineering to naval engineering.
An undergraduate degree in engineering is a three-year course for those doing a B. E. and four years for M. E. students. One can also go in for a 4-year sandwich course that gives as student the opportunity of being placed in industry for a year.

After earning a graduate degree in engineering at the end of three years of study, a student becomes an
incorporated engineer. Students can also go in for a Higher National Diploma, a two-year course for technician engineers. However, students should make sure that their long-term career plans match with the course or degree which they are taking up.

After completing their first degree, a student can train for another two years followed by an extra two-year period of work which entitles them to register with the Engineering Council as a chartered engineer. Those with an academic bent of mind could opt for a taught or research postgraduate degree in the same university or elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links


Reply to this Question / Ask Another Question
Your Username: Click here to log in


Forum Jump

All times are GMT +6.5. The time now is 06:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.42 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.