Go Back   2022-2023 StudyChaCha > StudyChaCha Discussion Forum > General Topics

Old April 13th, 2016, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator
Join Date: Nov 2011
Default Re: Delhi Quota In NSIT

Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, formerly Delhi Institute of Technology, is one of the top engineering colleges in India.

Admission eligibility for NSIT

1. Relaxation in Marks for Reserved Categories:

Candidates belonging to the following categories and applying for seats reserved for them shall be allowed a concession in the minimum eligibility requirements as detailed below:

i. Scheduled castes (SC) and scheduled tribes (ST):
Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes shall be allowed 10 percent concession of marks in the minimum eligibility requirements.

ii. Children/war widows of defense personnel/para-military forces/ killed/ disabled in action (CW):
The children and/or widows of personnel of Armed/Para-Military forces killed/ disabled in action shall be allowed relaxation of 5 percent marks in the minimum eligibility requirements.

Other Eligibility Conditions:

An applicant, who has to leave an Engineering Degree Course or an equivalent course, after exhausting the permissible number of chances in any other University / Board in India, will not be eligible for admission to Bachelor of Engineering Course.

Candidates who have appeared at the Annual Examination of the year 2015 and re-appear for the improvement to acquire the eligibility will not be considered for admission for the year 2016.

Candidates who have passed/ appeared in qualifying examination from Patrachar Vidyalaya or National Institute of Open Schooling will be eligible for admission to Bachelor of Engineering Courses.

No admission will be made directly to the second or any subsequent semester of the course.

No change of branch will be permitted after the commencement of the second semester, even if some seats fall vacant in some of the branches during the course of second semester.

Important Instrucitons

Those who appear for the above examinations in April / May of the respective year and expect to secure minimum marks as above, can also apply.

For Delhi Region Candidates 85% of quota is provided and The admission under remaining 15% quota will be made in DCE

The criterion for deciding the region of the candidate for CEE who have passed/appearing in the qualifying examination through Patrachar Vidyalaya Delhi/National Institute of open school, Delhi provided the center of examination was/is located within the National capital territory of Delhi.

Contact details

Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology  
Azad Hind Fauz Marg, Sector 3,Dwarka,
New Delhi, Delhi 110078
Answered By StudyChaCha Member
Reply With Quote

Reply to this Question / Ask Another Question
Your Username: Click here to log in


All times are GMT +6. The time now is 09:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8