Re: RBI Complaints Bank Ombudsman
As you want to know the grounds of complaints and complaint form, so here it is for you-
Grounds Of Complaints-
The Banking Ombudsman can receive and consider any complaint relating to the following deficiency in banking services (including internet banking):
• refusal to accept or delay in accepting payment towards taxes, as required by Reserve Bank/Government;
• refusal to issue or delay in issuing, or failure to service or delay in servicing or redemption of Government securities;
• non-payment or inordinate delay in the payment or collection of cheques, drafts, bills etc.;
• failure to issue or delay in issue of drafts, pay orders or bankers’ cheques;
• non-adherence to prescribed working hours ;
• failure to provide or delay in providing a banking facility (other than loans and advances) promised in writing by a bank or its direct selling agents;
• delays, non-credit of proceeds to parties accounts, non-payment of deposit or non-observance of the Reserve Bank directives, if any, applicable to rate of interest on deposits in any savings,current or other account maintained with a bank ;
• complaints from Non-Resident Indians having accounts in India in relation to their remittances from abroad, deposits and other bank-related matters;
• forced closure of deposit accounts without due notice or without sufficient reason;
• refusal to close or delay in closing the accounts;
• non-adherence to the fair practices code as adopted by the bank or non-adherence to the provisions of the Code of Bank s Commitments to Customers issued by Banking Codes and Standards Board of India and as adopted by the bank ;
• non-observance of Reserve Bank guidelines on engagement of recovery agents by banks; and
• any other matter relating to the violation of the directives issued by the Reserve Bank in relation to banking or other services.
• non-acceptance, without sufficient cause, of small denomination notes tendered for any purpose, and for charging of commission in respect thereof;
• non-acceptance, without sufficient cause, of coins tendered and for charging of commission in respect thereof;
• non-payment or delay in payment of inward remittances ;
• refusal to open deposit accounts without any valid reason for refusal;
• levying of charges without adequate prior notice to the customer;
• non-adherence by the bank or its subsidiaries to the instructions of Reserve Bank on ATM/Debit card operations or credit card operations;
• non-disbursement or delay in disbursement of pension (to the extent the grievance can be attributed to the action on the part of the bank concerned, but not with regard to its employees);
A customer can also lodge a complaint on the following grounds of deficiency in service with respect to loans and advances
• non-adherence to the provisions of the fair practices code for lenders as adopted by the bank or Code of Bank’s Commitment to Customers, as the case may be;
• non-observance of any other direction or instruction of the Reserve Bank as may be specified by the Reserve Bank for this purpose from time to time.
• non-observance of Reserve Bank Directives on interest rates;
• delays in sanction, disbursement or non-observance of prescribed time schedule for disposal of loan applications;
• non-acceptance of application for loans without furnishing valid reasons to the applicant; and
• The Banking Ombudsman may also deal with such other matter as may be specified by the Reserve Bank from time to time.
Complaint Form With The Banking Ombudsman
To get the complaint form with banking Ombudsman just follow the steps mentioned here-
Firstly go to the official site of Reserve Bank Of India.
Then on the page you can find some tabs on the right side. Click on the tab “For Common Person”. This will directed to the new page.
Now you can find some tabs on the top side. Click on the tab “Complaints”. Then sub menu will open.
Select the option “Against Bank” from the sub menu. Again it will open new menu.
Select the option “The Banking Ombudsman Scheme” from new menu. This will directed to new page.
On this page click on “Complaint Form”. Again this directed to new page.
Now, here are some set of questions. Answer them in appropriate manner, then it will open the Complaint form which seems like below Screen Shot:
Reserve Bank of India
6, Parliament Street, New Delhi, Delhi, 110001
011 2371 0538 •
|Other Discussions related to this topic|
|GHMC Complaints Email Id|
|RBI Kanpur Ombudsman|
|IDBI Bank Complaints ATM|
|Syndicate Bank complaints email id|
|RBI Ombudsman Mumbai Address|
|CCS Chennai Complaints|
|NIIT Kottayam Complaints|
|NIIT Gwalior Complaints|
|RBI Complaints Cell Com|
|RBI Complaints Credit Cards|
|CPWD New Delhi Complaints|
|RBI Banking Ombudsman|
|Union Bank of India Complaints Email Id|
|Corporation Bank ATM Complaints|
|Complaints Art Institute of Atlanta|
|RBI Banking Ombudsman in|
|IDBI Bank Complaints Head Office|
|Central bank of India ATM card complaints|
|GHMC Complaints Hyderabad|
| Have a Facebook Account? Ask your Question Here|