Re: Post Office Sorting Assistant Exam Question Papers
As you want to get the Question Papers of Post Office Sorting Assistant Exam, so here I am providing the following question papers:
1) Name of the First Postage Stamp is
A Penny Black
B Two Penny Blue
C Halfpenny Rose Red
D Penny Red
2) The headquarters of Universal Postal Union (UPU) is in
A New York
3) El Nino is
A A name of Thyphoon
B A Sea Storm
C A Warm ocean current
D Name of Hurricane
4) Which country received Global audience for the rescue operation of 33 trapped miners
5) Shora is the parliament of ?
6) What is GARNISHEE order?
A An order issued by the court prohibiting withdrawal from the account of a depositor
B An executive order prohibiting withdrawal from the account of a depositor
C A Court order issued prohibiting transaction of a particular land
D None of these
7) Which Indian bank introduced Credit Card facility first?
A State Bank of India
B Central Bank of India
C Canara Bank
8) Date of issue of First Postage Stamp is
A 6th May 1840
B 15th August 1940
C 6th May 1944
D 15th April 1840
9) Man Booker Prize 2010 is awarded to
A Howard Jacobson
B Barbara Kingsolver
C Hilary Mantel
D Anne Enright
10) The Human Skull is made up of ___ bones
11) Who painted the Last Supper ?
C Leonardo Da Vinci
12) Which country's Parliament has the largest membership ?
B United States
13) The blank space between stamps in a sheet is known as
A Traffic Light
14) Who was the author of Athihyamala ?
B Kottarathil Sankunni
D None of these
15) In philately the term KILER is meant
A A stamp like picture
B Revenue stamp
C Heavy Obliteration
D The design of a stamp
16) Supreme Court Judge is appointed by the __ ?
A Prime Minister
D Chief Justice
17) United Nations Day is observed on
A October 21
B October 22
C October 23
D October 24
18) The official language of Syria ?
19) World Post Day is observed on
A November 9
B November 14
C October 9
D October 24
20) "A thing of beauty is a joy for ever" is a line written by ?
A John Keats
B Percy Bysshe Shelley
C Alexander Pope
D Alfred Tennyson
21) Study of Fossils is known as ?
D None of the above
22) The world's first artificial satellite ?
D None of the above
23) Akbarnama was written by ?
A Khusrau Mirza
B Shaikh Faizi
C Abul Fazal
24) Which of the following abbreviations is meant Pl Reply?
12) What is meant by E&OE
A Errors and Omissions Expected
B Errors and Omissions Accepted
C Errors and Over Writing Expected
D Errors and Over Writing Accepted
Postal Assistants Recruitment Examination Question Paper 2007
1. In a division sum, the divisor is 10 times the quotient and 5 times the remainder. If the remainder is 46, the dividend is:
2. If 1.5 x= 0.04 y, then the value of (y-x) (y+x) is:
3. An employee may claim Rs. 7.00 for each km when he travels by taxi and Rs. 6.00 for each km if he drives his own car. If in one week he claimed Rs. 595 for traveling km. How many kms did he travel by taxi?
4. The square root of 3 + √5 is :
(1) √3 /2 + 1/√2
(2) √3 /2 1/√2
(3) √5 /2 1/√2
(4) √(5/2) + √(1/2)
5. The mean temperature of Monday to Wednesday was 370C and of Tuesday to Thursday was 340C, if the temperature on Thursday was 4/5th that of Monday, then what was the temperature on Thursday?
6. A certain number of two digits is three times the sum of its digits. If 45 be added to it, the digits are reversed. The number is:
7. Three years ago the average age of A and B was 18 years. While C joining them now, the average becomes 22 years. How old (in years) is C now?
8. If 2^(2x-1) = 8^(3-x), then the value of x is:
9. A mans basic pay for a 40 hours week is Rs. 200. Overtimes is paid at 25% above the basic rate. In a certain week, he worked overtime and his total was Rs. 300. He therefore, worked for a total of (in hours):
10. On a Rs. 10, 000 payment order, a person has choice between 3 successive discounts of 10%, 10% and 30% and 3 successive discounts of 40%, 5% and 5%. By choosing the better one he can save (in Rupees):
11. Rs. 600 are divided among A, B, C so that Rs. 40 more than 2/5 th of As share, Rs. 20 more that 2/7 th of Bs share and Rs. 10 more than 9/17 th of Cs may all be equal. What is As share (in Rupees)?
12. A, B, C started a business with their investment in the ratio 1 : 3 : 5. After 4 months, A invested the same amount as before and B as well as C withdrew half of their investments. The ratio of their profits at the end of the year was:
(1) 5 : 6 : 10
(2) 6 : 5 :10
(3) 10 : 5 : 6
(4) 4 : 3 : 5
13. If 9 men working 71/2 hours a day can finish a piece of work in 20 days, then how many days will be taken by 12 men, working 6 hours a day to finish the work? It is being given that 2 men of latter type work as much as 3 men of the former type?
14. Three pipes A, B and C can fill a cistern in 6 hours. After working at it together for 2 hours, C is closed and A and B can fill the remaining part in 7 hours. The number of hours taken by C alone to fill the cistern is:
15. A train B speeding with 120 kmph crosses another train C running in the same direction, in 2 minutes. If the lengths of the trains B and C be 100 m and 200 m respectively, what is the speed (in kmph) of the train C?
16. River is running at 2 kmph. It took a man twice as long to row up as to row down the river. The rate (in km/hr) of the man in still water is:
17. A merchant has 1000 kg of sugar, part of which he sells at 8% profit and the rest at 18% profit. He gains 14% on the whole. The quantity (in kg.) sold at 18% profit is:
18. A sum of money becomes Rs. 13, 380 after 3 years and Rs. 20, 070 after 6 years on compound interest. The sum (in Rupees) is:
19. A well with 14 m inside diameter is dug 10 m deep. Earth taken out of it, has been evenly spread all around it to a width of 21m to form an embankment. The height (in metres) of the embankment is:
20. A rectangular carpet has an area of 120 sq metres and a perimeter of 46 metres. The length of its diagonal (in metres) is:
Answered By StudyChaCha
Request : Support us by liking us on facebook (please click the LIKE button in the Facebook box below, you should be logged in at Facebook to do so)
|Other Discussions related to this topic|
|Previous year exam papers for Prasar Bharti Engineering Assistant Post|
|Assistant Public Prosecutor Exam Question Papers|
|NTPC Assistant Chemist Trainee post exam previous year question papers|
|LIC Housing Finance previous year question papers of Assistant post|
|Airports Authority of India previous years question papers of Jr Assistant Post|
|Prasar Bharti engineering assistant post question papers|
|Assistant District Court Exam question papers|
|Indian Space Research Organisation previous year question papers of post of Assistant|
|Postal Assistant Exam Previous Question Papers|
|Question papers of Assistant Manager Post|
|Question paper for Postal Assistant Post Office|
|RBI Assistant Exam Previous year Question Papers|
|Postal Assistant and Sorting Assistant Exam Papers|
|FCI Assistant Grade III Exam Question Papers|
|LIC Housing Finance Limited Model question papers for the post of Assistant|
|RBI Bank Assistant exam question papers|
|RBI Assistant Exam Model Question Papers|
|Model question Papers for the Assistant Post in ISRO|
|FCI Assistant Grade III technical exam question papers|
|Postal Assistant in Post Office Solved Paper|
| Have a Facebook Account? Ask your Question Here|
|Share this on...|