Re: Previous year ECE stream Question Papers of SAIL Exam
As you are looking for the previous year ECE stream Question Papers of SAIL Exam, so here I am sharing the same with you
What is the main different between distribution transformer and power transformer?
Where manning formula used
what is the differance between item category and material type ?
When a square wave is applied to primary of a transformer then what will be output
wave form of secondary ?
what are the warehouse reserch? and pocess of warehouse research?
What is the rating of HT SUBSTATION and LT SUBSTATION?
which of the following rivers does not form any delta T ITS MOUTH? Cauvery,
Mahanadi, Godawari, Tapti
How much is the minimum marks for CIVIL judge interview in MPPSC. where i can
get rules in this regard documented?
what are the uses of graphite electrode in various field.
what is the use of "fg" command ?
what are %TYPE and %ROWTYPE? what is the difference?
1.where does a body have least weight?
a) at the equator
b) at the poles
c) at earth's center
d) none of these
2. what is the millman's theorem?
3. what happens if a dc motor is fed an ac signal?
4. calculate electron mobility.
5. power MOSFET is voltage controlled or current controlled?
6. if u want a 640 k RAM, what specification should u specify in the drive?
7. max efficiency of a class a amplifier?
8.what r resistors in IC made of?
9. 6 girls and 6 bos sitting randomly in a line. what probability of girls being
10.what is the prob. of two friends having birthdays in same month?
11. (D^2 + 4)y= kx what if PI?
12. lim x-infinity sinx/x
13. express x/(x+1) as taylor's series
14.principle of jet engine
15. why hydraulic systems used ina aircrafts instead of electrical?
16. steel + ? = corrosion-resistant material?
17. what happens to speed of em wave as frequency increases?
18. which char. of em wave does not change when it travels from one mdium to
19. circuit given. find attenuation in db.
20. circuit given. how much feedback?
21. (s-1)/(s+1) is high pass filter/ low pass filter?
22. fastest logic family among rtl, dtl, ttl?
23. in common emitter config. change in iC on changing vBE?
24. what happens if gate voltage of an ON scr is decreased?
25. fermi level change with temperature in n type semiconductor?
26. mosfet has threshold voltage 1v when n+ polysilicon is used in gate. what is
threshold voltage when polysilicon used is of n+ type?
27. simple ckts using zener diode.
28. what is the p+ substrate in an isolated pn junction ic connected to?
29. opamp circuit given. open loop gain=100. closed loop gain=?
30. which type of parameters( h/y/z) suitable in particular application?
31. given parallel LC ckt. find angle between currents in branches at resonance.
32. what is Q of series RLC ckt? (voltage gain/ admttance etc.)
33. resonant freq of parallel RLC ckt. ?
34. thin metal foil inserted between capacitor plates. foil connected to one plate.
change in capacitance?
35. ques on reflection of em wave at air= dielectric interface. dlc const=9
36. what is brewster's angle?
37. why microwave freq not used for ionospheric propagation?
38. uhf range?
39. freq range used in satellite comunication?
40. which ionospheric bands used for commercial purposes?
41. question on transmission line impedance matching?
42. flip- flop d, t 43. convert 32 k pulses to 1 hz pulses using decade counters etc
1) Nearly 20 questions were based on Op-Amps like the highest frequency of OP-Amp depends on
a) Input V b) Output V c) Bandwidth d) Max Output V
2) The purpose of Op-Amp clamper is for what
a) Clamping the output voltage b) Lowering the output V c) Lowering the input V d) None of these
3) What is the purpose of PWM in current source inverter?
4) At higher frequencies which of the following noises become significant?
a) Thermal Noise b) Short noise c) White noise
5) Nearly 10 questions were based on Flip-Flops like what is the number of flip-flops required for decade counter?
a) 1 b) 2 c)3 d)4
6) How many flip flops are required for input frequency to be divided by 32?
7) What is the output frequency of a T-Flip flop if the input if input frequency is f
a) f/2 b) f c) 2f d) 4f
8) Nearly 8 questions were asked on RLC circuits like what is the effect on resonance frequency when all the values of RLC are doubled?
a) 4f b) 3f c) f/4 d) f
9) What is the voltage on capacitor at resonance with input voltage a 10v and Q factor of the circuit is 40?
10) Which of the following is S.I engine?
1) Gas 2) Petrol 3) Diesel 4) Kerosene engine
11) What is the difference between petrol and diesel engine?
12) Which of the facts is true?
a) All reversible engines have same efficiency
b) All engines are designed reversible to obtain maximum efficiency?
c) Irreversible engines have maximum efficiency?
12) What is the characteristic of an isolated system?
a) No transfer of mass both the directions
b) No transfer of heat on both directions
c) No transfer of heat and mass on both directions
d) Maximum transfer of mass and heat in both directions
13) What is the power transferred to a load if R+ix and with an internal resistance of R-ix of the source with voltage V?
14) If 4 batteries of voltage 6V each are applied parallel to a load of 1.25 ohms with batteries of internal resistance of 0.2 ohms then what is the current through the load resistance?
15) What is the percentage power loss when a battery of 6 V has internal resistance of 0.2 ohms and applied to a load of 6 ohms?
16) What are the frequencies of a system with a transfer function of 100(1+0.5s)(1+0.25s)?
a) 4,2 b) 0.5, 0,25.
17) Which of following is used in SSB AM receiver?
a) LC circuit b) diode rectifier
18) What is the average value of current if the voltage of 10 sin (314t ) is applied to a resistance of 10 ohms?
A) 0.485 B) 0.637
It contained 4 more more sub-sections General Awareness, Verbal ability, Quantitative aptitude, Logical reasoning
General Awareness (25 questions)
1) Who was the winner of 2010 Twenty-20 world cup?
2) Who is the winner of 2010 Rajiv Khel Ratna award 2010?
3) Bihu is the folk dance of which state?
4) Which river has delta in Arabian sea? A)Tapi B) Mahanadi C) Krishna D)Godavari
5) Which of the following states is with highest population density?
a) WB b) UP c) Jharkand d) Bihar
6) Who is the Ex Chairman of planning commission?
a) PM b) Loksabha Speaker c) Vice President d) President
7) Jim Corbett national park is in which state?
8) Durand line is between which countries? Ans Pakistan and Afghanistan
9) Measles is a disease caused which of the following?
a) Virus b) Bacteria c) Protozoa
Verbal Ability (25 questions)
5 Questions on articles
5 Questions on fill in the blanks with correct words
10 Questions on paragraph reading.
Quantitative Ability (25 questions)
Most of the questions were based on Compound interest, Simple interest, Work, Age related which can be founnd in R.S Aggarwal
Logical Reasining (25 questions)
A situation was given and questions were based on that situation like cube pained with 3 colors and then divided into 64 equal cubes what no of cubes with single color and so on.
Two statements are given and asked whether the question can be solved based on the statements?
A person traveled east west and finally how far is from the source?
Note: To clear the exam you need to clear the sectional cutoff of each sub-section in Section-II also. This was the major deciding factor as after attempting section-I for 75 min then only section-II can be attempted for the next 75 mins
The technical paper of E&T was difficult as it was mainly theoretical and were based on concepts of the subjects. Section-II will be easy for an engineer, but the time may not be sufficient as there is sub sectional cutoff.
1. Electronics Engineering
1. Two coils in differential connection have self-inductance of 2 mH and 4 mH and a mutual inductance of 0.15 mH. The equivalent inductance of the combination is
A. 5.7 mH
B. 5.85 mH
C. 6 mH
D. 6.15 mH.
1. 3. Optocouplers combine
A. SITs and BJTs
B. IGBTs and MOSFETS
C. Power transformers and silicon transistor
D. Infrared light-emitting diode and a silicon phototransistor
4. The difference between the indicated value and the true value of a quantity is known as
A. Gross error
B. Absolute error
C. Dynamic error
D. Relative error
5. The principles of homogeneity and super-position are applied to :
A. linear time variant systems
B. non-linear time variant systems
C. linear time invariant systems
D. non-linear time invariant systems.
6. In a 8085 microprocessor system with memory mapped I / 0,
A. I / 0 devices have 8-bit addresses
B. I / 0 devices are accessed using IN and OUT instructions
C. there can be a maximum of 256 input devices and 256 output devices.
D. arithmetic and logic operations can be directly performed with the I / 0 data.
1. 8. In any transmitting antenna system, efficiency primarily depends upon
A. ohmic losses of various conductors
B. radiation resistance
C. ground conductivity
D. atmospheric conditions.
9. An instruction used to set the carry Flag in a computer can be classified as
A. data transfer
D. program control
10. The binary representation of 5.375 is
11. Dislocations in materials are
A. point defect
B. line defect
C. planer defect
D. surface defects.
12. In TV system, vertical pulses are separated out from horizontal pulses by the use of
C. sweep credit
D. sync separator.
13. Frequency in the UHF range propagate by means of
A. Ground waves
B. Sky waves
C. Surface waves
D. Space waves.
14. 200 MHz may be classified as
15. A communication satellite is a repeater between
A. a transmitting station and a receiving station
B. a transmitting station and many receiving stations
C. many transmitting stations and many receiving stations
D. none of the above
16. The power in a series R-L-C circuit will be half of that at resonance when the magnitude of the current is equal to
A. V / 2R
B. V /
C. V /
1. 18. The efficiency of a chopper can be expected in the range
A. 50 to 55 percent
B. 65 to 72 percent
C. 82 to 87 percent
D. 92 to 99 percent
19. Which one out of the following instruments should be used to measure 600 kV a.c. voltages?
A. Hot wire instrument
B. Electrostatic voltmeter
C. Moving coil voltmeter
D. Moving iron voltmeter.
21. The following programme is run on an 8085 microprocessor,
Memory address in Hex Instruction
2000 LXI SP, 1000
2003 PUSH H
2004 PUSH D
2005 CALL 2050
2008 POP 2050
As the completion of execution of the program, the program the program counter of the 8085 contains ………, and the stack pointer contains ……..
1. 2050, OFFC
2. 2251, OFFC
3. 1025, OCCF
4. 1025, OCCF
23. The smallest change in sound intensity that can be detected
A. 1 dB
B. 3 dB
C. 10 dB
D. 20 dB.
24. In a generic microprocessor, instruction cycle time is
A. shorter than machine cycle time
B. larger than machine cycle time
C. exactly double the machine cycle time
D. exactly the same as the machine cycle time
25. The value of M in the end will be
Do 100 I = 1, 2
DO 200 J = 1, 2
M = M + I + J
1. 26. Resistivity of electrical conductors is most affected by
D. all of the above.
27. In CCIR B-system of TV, blanking pulse is placed during
A. equalizing pulse
B. retrace interval between each line
C. retrace period of vertical line
D. none of the above.
28. The polarization required in ground wave propagation is
A. Horizontal (linear)
B. vertical (linear)
29. Multicavity Klystron
A. is not a microwave device
B. is not a good low level amplifier because of noise
C. is not suitable to pulse operation
D. has a high repeller voltage to insure small transit time
30. Transponder comprises of
D. a, b, c combined
31. Consider the following statements regarding the circuit shown in the given figure :
1. If the switch K is closed at a proper instant there will be no transient
2. The instant at which K is closed such that the transient is zero depends on the frequency of the supply
3. The instant at which K is closed such that the transient is zero depends on the circuit elements
33. Which of the following regulator provides output voltage polarity reversal without a transformer
A. Buck regulator
B. Boost regulator
C. Buck-boost regulator
D. Cuk regulator
34. The deflection of hot wire instrument depends on
A. RMS value of alternating current
C. average value of a.c. current
D. instantaneous value of a.c. current.
36. Dual slope integration type Analog-to-Digital converters provide
A. higher speeds compared to all other types of A / D converters
B. very good accuracy without putting extreme requirements on component stability
C. poor rejection of power supply hums
D. better resolution compared to all other types of A / D converters for the same number
• 200 mA
• Almost zero
• 0.02 mA
• 38. The frequency modulated (FM) radio frequency range is nearly
A. 250 - 300 MHz
B. 150 - 200 MHz
C. 90 - 105 MHz
D. 30 - 70 MHz
39. A 32 bit microprocessor has the word length equal to
A. 2 bytes
B. 1 byte
C. 4 bytes
D. 8 bytes
41. Line imperfection in a crystal is called
A. Schottky defect
B. Frenkel defect
C. edge dislocation
D. Miller defect.
42. The function of diplexer bridge in a TV transmitter is
A. to prevent the loading of several transmitters by video transmitter
B. to increase the bandwidth
C. to increase the power output
D. to increase the efficiency of transmission.
43. Sometimes microwave signals follow the earth’s curvature. This due to
A. Ionospheric reflection
B. Faraday rotation
D. Ionospheric scatter.
44. The modes in a reflex Klystron
A. give the same frequency but different transit time
B. result from excessive transit time across the resonator gap
C. are caused by spurious frequency modulation
D. are just for theoretical considerations.
45. The capacity of a channel is
A. number of digits used in coding
B. volume of information it can take
C. maximum rate of information transmission
D. bandwidth required for information
1.A. When two inductors are connected in series, the effective inductance is
Leff = L1 + L2± 2 m.
In this case, Leff = L1 + L2 - 2 M
= 2 + 4 - 2 × 0.15
= 5.7 mH.
2.C. The plane midway between a and -a, i.e., the one passing through ABC and perpendicular to the plane of the paper is an equipotential plane. Hence the potential at B is the same as that of A or C, i.e., 1V.
3.D. In optocouplers the input signal is applied to the ILED and the output is takes from the phototransistor. These are used to isolate the gate signals from the power circuit.
4.C. The difference between the indicated value and the true value of a quantity is known as dynamic error.
5.C. The Principles of homogeneity and superposition are applied to linear time invariant systems.
6.D. In an 8085 microprocessor system with memory mapped I / 0 arithmetic and logic operations can be directly performed with I / 0 data.
7.B. Neglecting VBE, IB = 10 / 100 = 0.1 A.
IC = 100 × 0.1 = 10 A. Drop over RL = 10 v.
Hence, VCE = 0 which is the condition for saturation.
whereRr is radiation resistance and Rd is the total loss resistance of the antenna.
10.C. 101.001 = (4 + 0 + 1)
(0 + 0.25 + 0.125)
11.B. Dislocations in materials are line defects.
13.D. Frequency in the UHF Range propagate by means of space waves.
15.C. a communication satellite is a repeater between many transmitting stations and many receiving stations.
16.C. V / Ö2 R
17.C. The point charge Q emanates a total electric displacement flux of Q. If a plane is passed through the point of location of charge and tangential to the sphere, half the flux is on one side and half on the other. The first half of flux is passing through the spherical surface. Thus the average displacement density has a direction opposite to that of n and the magnitude
\ Average electric
field is :
18.D. The efficiency of a practical chopper varies from 92 to 99 percent.
19.B. Electrostatic voltmeter should be used to measure 600 kV a.c. voltage.
20.A. it can easily be checked that the corresponding function is
G (s) = (1 - s) / (1 + s)
It is seen immediately that | G (jw) |
= 1 and hence gain is db = 0.
21.A. Memory address in hex Instruction Remarks
2000 LXI SP 1000
2003 PUSH H
2004 PUSH D We do not
2005 CALL 2025 know the
2008 POP H
At the completion of the execution of the program, the program counter of the 8085 contains 2050 and the stack pointer contains OFFC.
22.B. Neglecting, VBE
23.B. Increase = 10 log10 P2 / P1 = 10 log102
= 10 × 0.3 = 3dB.
24.D. Instruction cycle time is exactly the same as the machine cycle time.
25.C. Taking index of I = 1 and M = 0 computing the value of M with
J = 1, 2
J = 1
M = 0 + 1 + 1 = 2
J = 2
M = 2 + 1 + 2 = 4
Taking index of I = 2 and computing the value of M with J = 1, 2
J = 1
M = 5 + 2 + 1 = 8
J = 2
M = 1 + 2 + 2 = 12
26.A. Resistivity of electrical conductors is most affected by temperature.
27.B. In CCIR B-system of TV, blanking pulse is placed during retrace interval between each line
28.B. The polarization required in ground wave propagation is vertical (linear).
29.A. Multicavity Klystron is not a good low level amplifier because of noise.
30.D. Transponder comprises of transmitter, receiver and antenna.
31.C. If the switch is closed at instant t = to, the complete expression for current will b
The transient is zero if wt0 + q - f = 0
or t0 = (f - q) / w
Thus it is possible to find to such that there is no transient. Further to depends upon the circuit parameters and the frequency.
So, the statements 1 and 3 are true.
32.A. For points far away, the charge on the ring may be considered to be located be at the centre of the ring. Hence, the dipole moment becomes Qd.
33.C. a puck-boost regulator provides on output voltage which may be less than or greater than the input voltage. The output voltage polarity is opposite to that of the input voltage. It has high efficiency.
34.A. The deflection of hot wire instrument depends on RMS value of alternating current.
35.A. Considering that there are poles of H (s), then
H1 (s) =
H3 (s) =
The impulse responses [a-1 H (s)] can be found and the step response are integrations of the corresponding impulse responses.
36.B. Dual slope integration type A to D converters are of slow speed and require more number of bits, than successive approximation ADC.
37.C. Since emitter and base have same polarity and same potential, EBJ is not biased property. Hence, IB is zero and so is IC.
38.C. The frequency modulated (FM) radio frequency range is nearly 90 - 105 MHz.
39.C. 4 bytes.
40.C. Resistance will be directly proportional to length and inversely proportional to the cross-sectional area. Let t mm be the thickness of semi-conductor material so that the cross-sectional area for R ohm resistor is 0.1 × t sq. mm and length of semi - conductor material 0.1 mm.
For a 0.2 mm × 0.2 mm section, cross - sectional area = 0.2 × t sq. mm. Length = 0.2 mm
= R =
41.C. Line imperfection in a crystal is called edge dislocation.
42.A. The function of diplexer bridge in a TV transmitter is to prevent the loading of several transmitters by video transmitter.
43.C. Sometimes microwave signals follow the earth’s curvature. This is due to ducting.
44.A. The modes in a reflex Klystron give the same frequency but different transit time.
45.C. The capacity of a channel is maximum rate of information transmission
Electro & Telecom. Engineering
1.The rank of the matrix is
2.The particular integration (P.I.) of (D2+4)y = cos 2x is
3. 6 boys and 6 girls in a row randomly. The probability that all the six girls sit together is
4. Value of is
5. The value of is
6. The Taylor series expansion of the function F(x) = x/(1+x), around x=0 is
7. If x+y=k, x>0, y >0, then xy is the maximum when
4. None of these
8. The probability that two friends share the same birth-month is
9. If a function is continuous at a point, then its first derivative
1. may or may not exist
2. exist always
3. will not exist
4. has a unique value
10. When 2-port networks are connected in parallel, which parameters convenient to use
1. inverse hybrid
2. open circuit impedance
3. short circuit admittance
11. Fourier’s series expansion of an odd periodic function contains
1. sine terms only
2. cosine terms only
3. Both A and B
4. None of the above
12. For a LC parallel circuit at resonance, all the statements given below are correct except
1. the line current is maximum at resonance
2. the branch currents at resonance are equal
3. the admittance is minimum at resonance
4. the angle between the branch current is 180oC at resonance.
13. If a square wave voltage having 5V average value is applied to a low pass filter, then average value of output is
1. 10 V
2. 2.5 V
3. 5 V
4. 0 V
14. The magnetic field intensity emanating from a closed surface
1. is zero
2. is infinite
3. depends on dipole moments
4. depends on volumetric compaction factors
15. Brewster angle is the angle for which there is
1. no reflection and the incident waves in vertically polarized.
2. Reflection and the incident wave is horizontally polarized
3. No reflection and the incident wave is horizontally polarized
4. Any of the above.
16. The minimum value of the life of a transistor to be used in three section R-C phase shift oscillator is
17. A 10 MHz square wave clocks a 5-bit ripple counter. The frequency of third flip-flop’s output would be
18. The number of comparators needed in a 4-bit flash type ADC is
19. A n-channel silicon (Eg = 1.1ev) MOSFET was fabricated using n+ poly-silicon gate and the threshold voltage was found to be 1V. Now, if the gate is changed to p+ poly-silicon, other things remaining the same, the new threshold voltage should be
20. A system has the transfer function . It is known as a:
low pass system
high pass system
all pass system
process control system
21. The mechanical item constant of a motor is equal to 50 secs. If the friction coefficient is 0.04 Nm/rad/sec, the value of moment of inertial of the motor is equal to
50 kg – m2
kg – m2
1 kg – m2
0.1 kg – m2
22. If the noise figure of a receiver is 1.6, its equivalent noise temperature is
23. The mobility of electron in copper is : Given atomic weight = 63.54, density = 8.96 gm/cc, resistivity = 1.7×10–6 W-cm,
Avogadro’s number = 6.025 ×1023
data not sufficient
Rest of the Questions are attached in below file which is free of cost
Answered By StudyChaCha
Request : Support us by liking us on facebook (please click the LIKE button in the Facebook box below, you should be logged in at Facebook to do so)
|Other Discussions related to this topic|
|BHEL Supervisor Trainee Exam for Electrical stream previous year question papers|
|SAIL management trainee previous year question papers|
|SAIL (Management Trainee) previous year question papers|
|BHEL Exam Previous year Question Papers for Electrical stream|
|BHEL Engineering Trainee Exam previous year question papers of Mechanical stream|
|GATE Exam Previous year Question Papers of CSE stream|
|TANCET exam for ECE stream previous year question papers|
|SAIL management trainee previous year question papers|
|GATE Exam Previous year question papers for ECE stream|
|BHEL Entrance Exam for Mechanical stream previous year question papers|
|Previous year Question Papers of SAIL Electronics stream|
|Previous year Question Papers of BHEL Electronics stream|
|SAIL Management Trainee Exam Previous year question papers|
|HPCL Electrical Engineering Stream previous year question papers|
|Previous year question papers of NET for Life-Sciences stream|
|GATE Exam ECE stream Previous year question papers|
|SAIL Computer Science Previous year question papers|
|Previous year question papers of SAIL Management Trainee (MT) Exam|
|SAIL MT Technical question papers of Previous Year|
|Sail Management Trainee exam Previous year papers|
| Have a Facebook Account? Ask your Question Here|
|Share this on...|