Re: Karnataka PGCET M.TECH Entrance Exam Syllabus
Karnataka PGCET M.TECH Syllabus for Civil Engineering is given below:
1. Elements of Civil Engineering & Strength of Materials: Force and its types, Concept of equilibrium, Building stones, Bricks. Cement and its properties. Timber and its properties. Columns and Struts, Stress and Mohr’s circle, Types of Beams, Bending moments and Shear force. Bending stress and Shear stress, Cylinders Torsion.
2. Building Engineering Science: Safe bearing capacity, Foundation, Types of Foundation, Footings and types, Reinforced Cement concrete, Mortars, Woods, Types of roofs, Cement and its types, Bricks Lintels, Chap and Masonry, Staircase, Trusses.
3. Surveying: Chain surveying, Errors in surveying. Compass surveying, Omitted measurements. Plain table surveying, Leveling. Trigonometric surveying, Tachometric Surveying. Contouring, Curves. Calculation of are and volume.
4. Fluid s Mechanics: Different types of fluids and units, pressure, byoyant force, Different types of flows, Bernoulli’s theorem, Discharge Measurements, Orifice, most economical section of the channel, Reynold’s and Fraud’s number, Similarities, Pressure measuring devices.
5. Structures: Beams — Singly, doubly. flanged beams Slabs — One-way, two way and flab slabs Strairs Columns and column footings (isolated and combined footings) Raft foundationSteel structures: Analysis and design of tension and compression members, beams and beam- column, column bases, connections — simple and eccentric, beams — column connections. plate girders and trusses, plastic analysis of beams and frames
6. Geo-technical Engineering: Physical properties of soils, Water in soils, Stress in soils. Consolidation and settlement. Shear strength of soils. Shallow foundations. Site investigation. Stability of slopes, Earth pressure.
7. Water Supply and Sanitary Engineering: Quantity of Water-water demand. Population forecast, Sources of Water. Quality of water, Types of pipes. Types of pumps, Water treatment units — sedimentation, aeration, flocculation, filtration, Screening, Pipe joints, Conveyance of Water, Quantity of Sewage, Characteristics of Sewage, pH, BOD, COD, DO and others, Sewers, Sewer Appurtenances, Biological treatment, Sewage treatment units-screening, Grit chamber. Skimming tanks. Detritus tank, Trickling filter, Contact beds Septic tank, Imhoff tank. ASP. Sewage disposal units.
8. Transportation Engineering: Highway Geometric Design: Highway cross-section elements. Sight distance, Design of Horizontal alignment Design of Vertical alignment. traffic Engineering: Traffic characteristics, Traffic operation. Pavement materials, Design and evaluation, Rail Gage. Train Resistance, Power of Locomotive, Rails. Sleepers, Curvature of Track, Tunneling of soft soil. Transition curve. Harbour and Dock.
9. Hydrology: Hydrologic cycle rainfall, unit hydrograph flood estimation. reservoir design. well hydraulics.
10. Irrigation: Duty, Delta. Crop water requirements design of lined and unlined canals. head work, gravity dams and orgee spillways. Irrigation method.
Answered By StudyChaCha
Request : Support us by liking us on facebook (please click the LIKE button in the Facebook box below, you should be logged in at Facebook to do so)
|Other Discussions related to this topic|
|Karnataka PGCET M.Tech Registration and Exam Date|
|PGCET Karnataka for M.Tech Tentative Dates|
|Karnataka PGCET M.Tech Last date to submit the application form|
|PGCET M.Tech entrance exam|
|PGCET Karnataka Entrance Exam for M.Tech|
|Is PGCET Exam valid for M.Tech|
|Karnataka PGCET Exam CSE Syllabus|
|M.Tech Karnataka PGCET Exam Eligibility and dates|
|Karnataka PGCET M.Tech Exam Previous Paper|
|EEE Syllabus for Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (PGCET)|
|Karnataka PGCET exam notification Date|
|Andhra Pradesh PGCET Entrance Exam for JNTU M.Tech|
|Karnataka PGCET exam last date to apply|
|Karnataka PGCET Exam Form Dates|
|Karnataka PGCET exam deadlines|
|Karnataka PGCET exam require|
|How to get Syllabus of PGCET exam|
|Syllabus For PGCET Exam|
|VIT M tech Entrance Exam Syllabus|
|regarding PGCET M.tech and GATE Exam|
| Have a Facebook Account? Ask your Question Here|
|Share this on...|